Sunday, January 25, 2009

Monday main course

Today is my first official post on my new improved website, as mentioned in a previous post today is monday and I am posting the main course for a dinner party or just dinner with family. Tommorow is side dishes, wednesday is dessert or drink, thursday is a simple centerpiece and friday wraps it all up with the menu and the cost per person of the menu. My ultimate goal is to show others that entertaining can be easy and elegant, not to mention fun! All recipes will be posted to the side bar at the end of each week. I hope you enjoy being a gracious hostess/host as much as I do. Happy Monday!

This weeks theme is Tuscany

Tuscan Chicken
1 whole fryer chicken
1 fresh lemon
2 tsp. mcCormick mediterranean spiced sea salt
3/4 lb. pitted olives ( black or green or combonation of both) Most delis now sell this by the pound fresh

Preheat the oven to 375

Wash and pat dry whole chicken, place in baking dish large enough to accomadate chicken and olives with room around chicken. Sliced lemon into quarters and squeeze lemon juice on top of chicken, place squeezed lemons in to cavity of chicken. Sprinkle spiced sea salt over top of entire chicken. Scatter olives along bottom of baking dish.

Bake approximately 1hour and 15 minutes or until juices run clear.



2 comments:

Kimberly said...

This is great, thank you! I am so excited about the changes to your blog. Can't wait to try some new dishes on my family.

Kiezie said...

Thanks, this looks great! We eat a lot of chicken and I'm always looking for new ways to spice it up!!