Saturday, January 24, 2009

Almond fruit bars


I promised to post this recipe for a fellow blogger chef bliss. It is adapted from a martha stewart recipe in everyday food.

Almond fruit bars

1 stick room temperature butter
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 large egg yolk
1/2 tsp. almond extract
1 small jar of seedless black raspberry preserves

Preheat oven 350 and spray square 8 inch baking pan.
Wisk together flour, cinnamon, salt and baking powder
Cream together butter, sugars and almond extract until fluffy and light, add egg yolk mix until incorporated
Gradually mix in flour mixture on low speed until crumbly
Press half of the dough into bottom of pan, mix preserves and spread onto bottom layer. Add remaining crumble to top and spread across pan.
Bake until top is golden. 25-30 minutes
Serve with blueberry lavender sorbet, yum!

On a side note I changed a side bar in my website, with all my recipes in thumbnails. If you are not seeing these please use my website www.sjgourmet.com instead of coming through blogger. Apparently blogger doesn't read any other code than their own?!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

These sound incredible!! I am so making them once my kids feel better!