Tuesday, May 5, 2009

It's strawberry season!


I adore this time of year! As I head to the produce and fruit section of my grocery store I am greeted by fresh asparagus and the intoxicating aroma of fresh strawberries. You know that beautiful aroma of fresh strawberries that only greets you when they are in season, the one that makes you stop and think " It is finally spring"!
I will tempt you, all my lovely creative readers with a photo of some beautiful and fragrant strawberries I sliced yesterday for a dessert I will post tommorow.
Until then I would love to know, what is your very favorite strawberry recipe?

9 comments:

Mindy said...

I love anything strawberry! My most recent fav is a strawberry shortcake that I made for Easter. Mmmm...drooling right now.

Sarah said...

thanks mindy! strawberry shortcake is yummy!!!

Sylvia said...

I love spring too. Unfortunately autumn is now begging, but I still sawing strawberries in the grocery

Chef E said...

Hubby swings more towards blueberries, but give me these babies any day! So Mindy and I are in sync with these goodies, lol,

Sippity Sup said...

It's still a bit early on the coast here for strawberries, thanks for the inspiration. I can't wait! GREG

Reeni said...

Fruit pizza!

Talita said...

I love strawberry season! We can do a lot of recipes with that delicious fruit! I can't wait to prepare yummy cheesecakes, pies, cookies...

Chris said...

My grandmother's strawberry shortcake, eaten on the front porch of her farmhouse basking in the late evening summer sunset.

Tangled Noodle said...

No fair teasing! 8-) The only strawberry recipe I've made is a quick and easy pie, involving a premade piecrust, cream cheese and a strawberry compote. Otherwise, I just leave it to the pros and enjoy their efforts!