Monday, April 6, 2009

Grilled flank steak and boursin cheese



Grilled flank steak, boursin cheese and a crispy soft baguette. The perfect combination for a spring lunch or dinner. Two years ago I catered and planned a party for 40 for a friends 50th birthday party. We decided on a casual lunch and I created this sandwich.

Both men and women love it, creamy flavorful cheese and grilled tender flank steak, plus a little baby greens and a slice of avocado. So delicious!!

*

Grilled flank steak and boursin cheese sandwich

*

1 flank steak

salt and pepper

1 tsp. herbs de provence

1 package boursin cheese ( purchase at local cheese counter or deli)

1 avocado sliced

1 cup baby greens

1 fresh baguette sliced in half

*

Apply salt/pepper and herbs de provence to both sides of the flank steak, grill steak 5 minutes each side. Remove and let set on counter covered for 5 minutes. Slice steak into thin slices against the grain.

Warm baguette in oven until crisp. Slice in half. Spread a layer of boursin cheese on baguette, layer with slices of steak and avocado. Top with baby greens.

Enjoy!!!






13 comments:

Sippity Sup said...

Your food is great and I am sorry to always comment on the photography. But really beautiful stuff is hard to find (or beat) on food blogs. Even foodgawker. Those sites seem to have a very limited definition of what is a good food photo is all about. Your pictures tell stories. That is rare in this realm, and I love it! GREG

Sara said...

This sounds really amazing, I love boursin cheese! I can see how it would go really well with steak.

Joie de vivre said...

That photo is wonderful! So rustic looking.

Chef E said...

Ditto on Greg's comment...that is why I love both of you, and figured he would like your site! Steak must be on the brain lately...

Joie de vivre said...

Thanks for your comments, as always, Sarah! I have really been enjoying Jean George's cookbook and can't believe I had never pulled it out before. Sometime this spring I need to attempt one of his tarts. Have a great day!

Aimée said...

I've made this and it's always a hit!! Truly a sandwich worthy of dinner.

Reeni said...

How delicious! I haven't had boursin cheese in so long. Lovely combination.

Selba said...

Looks yummy! :)

Donna-FFW said...

Flank steak is one of my favorites. It must be so delicious prepared this way!!

Chef E said...

Go vote for me here at the 'Peeptastic' contest...

Unknown said...

Sounds delicious, I have never tried flank steak before! Would love a link to your post from Foodista.com-related pages. We have two types of embeddable widgets that can help you build traffic. Check them out here and let me know what you think. Thanks! Great photos too, by the way...

Jamie said...

Wow! So simple yet so luxuriously delicious!

Tangled Noodle said...

This is wonderful! I've been hearing so much about flank steak, which I've never used before. With Boursin and avocado lending creaminess, this sounds absolutely delicious!