Sunday, March 8, 2009

Roast top sirlion with spicy tomato sauce

Roast sirlion with spicy tomato sauce
1 whole top sirlion roast
salt and pepper
herbs de provence
Salt and pepper roast liberally, add herbs de provence and rub into roast top. Roast at 325 degrees for 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours until tender. Remoe from oven and let sit covered for 10 minutes.
Sauce
4 whole roma tomatoes sliced in half ( or 8 cherry tomatoes sliced in half)
1 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley
3 whole garlic cloves
1 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1 cup olive oil
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
Slice tomatoes and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast in oven at 400 for 15-20 minutes. In the mean time place parsley and garlic in food processor and pulse until smooth, add red pepper flakes. Slowly add the red wine vinegar with food processor running, run until smooth. Last but certaintly not least add the olive oil and run until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, set aside.
Slice roast thinly and spoon sauce over top, serve with layered vegetable tian ( recipe to be posted tommorow) Enjoy!!!







2 comments:

Kiezie said...

This looks delicious! I don't make this type of meat often enough, I think I'm afraid of it! LOL!! Thanks for the camera comment too! Glad to know there is someone out there like me, and I can't believe I forgot my camera! :)

Chef E said...

What a truly gorgeous picture, and tomatoes are the one thing I would have to have if I was on a deserted island, that and cases of wine!