Thursday, August 7, 2008

fourth of july in iowa


This my first official post, I have been telling myself for some time that all of the parties and dinners my husband and i have need to be documented for my friends, family and anyone else to see if they feel so inclined. So here it is, Fourth of July.


Every year we have a annual barbecue for the Fourth, traditional american food, games for the kids, and the men sneak off at the end to play a round of golf. The quintessential midwest picnic, martha stewart would be proud. The lovely table above is courtesy of susan( a dear friend of many) complete with real napkins and plates, and of course jelly jars for the lemonade.( I told you this is the midwest!) The day is always fun, filled with comfort food, good friends and this year BEAUTIFUL weather.

No comments: