Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Dream kitchen


In my last home I had the opportunity to remodel my kitchen to suit my needs and wants at the time. As a mature and grow as a chef my needs have changed from what is trendy and the latest craze to what is functional, beautiful and will be with me for a long time. I loved my kitchen in our previous home, it was beautiful and up to date. However.....


We are currently considering building and designing a home that would be custom to us. The ideas that have been going around in my head are boundless. Modern or traditional, east coast, west coast or Midwestern?


The one thing that remains constant is this stove! I have always wanted, needed, desired this beautiful amazing stove. Do any of you own one and if so please reinforce my desire for it by lavishing positive comments about it to me.


4 comments:

Sippity Sup said...

I recently did a remodel on my kitchen. I live in an 80 yo house so it was quite an undertaking. I I wrote about it here. http://www.sippitysup.com/kitchenremodel
I anguished over the stove choice. A big 70 inch Viking just seem so pointless. I finally chose a Lacanche Cluny. www.frenchranges.com Check it out! GREG

Chef E said...

I am not familiar with this stove, only viking and agua for which I did my cooking demonstrations, and a few other varieties... In my personal chef for now I use what ever the client has installed... I would however love to up date a kitchen in our new home next year, so I am excited to see what you do...sorry Greg may help you, I am going over to his post now...

Laura in Paris said...

I can totally relate to what you say. We have owned two flats in Paris and have remodelled the kitchen every time. Our needs change, we do not have children with us any longer, and my kitchen now is different from the other flat. Funny, I also kept my Scholtes stove in the new place.

Tangled Noodle said...

Ooooh! Is it an AGA? I don't know my stoves that much; my only preference is gas - I find that it cooks more evenly. I look forward to reading about your thoughts about a new kitchen design in the future!