Friday, July 10, 2009

Insomnia

What do you do when your mind is racing with fifty million things that need to be accomplished in the next three weeks and you can't sleep because of it? I plan two large birthday parties, obsessively clean the house, dream about cooking and baking again ( living with a house on the market is definitely not conducive to cooking and photographing it! So there has been very little food related posts lately! Sorry!) and finally dragging my camera, lens, trigger, and tripod outside in the middle of the night and photographing my backyard! Yes, I actually did this last night. My poor neighbors!!!


5 comments:

Chef E said...

So enchanting though...I think I see fairies watching over you though :) Good fairies too...

You should at least join our Friday Shoot Out on my TMI post...I think my photos are getting better, well, sort of...

Laura in Paris said...

I try two options: if it is too early to get up, relaxation, mindfulness .. if it is past 4 am, I get up and do the stuff.

Angie's Recipes said...

oh, I know that feeling....too anxious, stressed and tired to get into the sleep......
I usually get up and take a bath.....or a yoga....that helps to release the stress...

Angie's Recipes

Chris said...

I tried catching lightning bugs in Cades Cove Friday night using my tripod and remote. They would never cooperate. Every time that I thought I had the camera pointing to a flashy area, they'd all move to another area. Who knew they were camera shy?

Great post. Get some sleep;)

Sippity Sup said...

The photos are beautiful I am sorry you are not sleeping. But think of the exciting days ahead in CA. Your kids can go to the beach. The weather is spectacular... it will be great. GREG