Sunday, March 22, 2009

POM wonderful recipe week


A few weeks ago the POM wonderful representative contacted me to test and receive Pom product. I happily accepted and a week later received a case of the product. I reviewed the recipes on the http://pomwonderful.com/ website. They have some wonderful recipes!
But being the chef that I am I couldn't just use someone else's recipes, I NEEDED to create my own. I thought about it, dreamed about, obsessed about it for a few days. I told you that cooking is my passion, sometimes it becomes all consuming! I spent the day Saturday cooking my creations and then enticed my friends with the promise of great food and drinks. ( thank you to all my lovely friends who joined me in the fun!) The results were pretty good, the addition of POM juice was not only healthy ( check out the incredible health benefits of POM at http://pomwonderful.com/) but really added a wonderful depth of flavor to the dishes. Look for a variety of pomegranate based recipes all this week on sjgourmet!


Grilled Pork tenderloin with Pomegranate Thyme Sauce

1 whole pork tenderloin
salt and pepper to taste


Sauce

1/2 c. dried cherries
1 8oz bottle POM wonderful pomegranate juice
3 sprigs of fresh thyme
1/4 c. red wine vinegar
1 tsp. butter

Grill pork tenderloin about 8-10 minutes on each side. Internal temperature will be around 125-130 degrees. Remove from grill and cover with foil. ( the pork will be slightly pink in side!)
Combine cherries, juice, thyme and vinegar in small sauce pan. Reduce sauce on medium heat for 15-18 minutes. Add butter and whisk to combine. Place sauce in blender and puree until smooth.
Slice pork into small medallions and spoon sauce over top. Serve immediately and enjoy!

* Serve with saffron risotto and roasted asparagus















8 comments:

Sara said...

This sounds great! I have some POM in my fridge too, if I can keep my husband out of it for long enough to procure a pork tenderloin, I'll try this :)

Donna-FFW said...

What a fantastic idea to use the POM for. I am still trying to decide. It must have been delicious!

5 Star Foodie said...

The sauce sounds awesome with POM! Great idea!

Joie de vivre said...

How fun! It looks like Pom picked the perfect person to test their product!

Reeni♥ said...

Cherries and POM - what a great idea! It sounds delicious!

Chef E said...

Yum, this I wish I could reach though and eat now, glad we do not have smell-a-vision, or I would be tortured!

I also wanted to make original recipes with my case of POM, but it was quite a few weeks ago I did them!

Jamie said...

Wow! That sauce sounds so good!!

Kim said...

Mmmmm...

Your blog always leaves me drooling!