Monday, February 9, 2009

Ribeye steak au poivre

Steak with pepper and cream sauce, what could be better?! I am posting this recipe because it is valentine's day week. If you want to win your man's heart try making him this, my hubby loves it! I revised a tradtional french recipe to make it less expensive and more suited to the every day guys taste buds, the results were fantatsic if I do say so myself.

Ribeye steak au poivre
2 tsp. olive oil
2 ribeye steaks
2 tbsp coarse ground pepper
1 tsp salt
1 pint heavy cream


Pepper and salt both sides of ribeye using all of the pepper in the recipe. Coat bottom of pan with olive oil. Place in oven safe saute pan. (no plastic handles)

Saute on both sides until brown and "crust" forms on the top ofthe ribeyes. Place in 400 degree preheated oven for approximately 15 minutes. The steaks will be medium rare, if you like it more or less done then cook for 2-3 minutes less or more.

Remove steaks from oven and set steak aside. Place pan with juices and bits on the cooktop and heat on medium. Pour entire container of heavy cream into pan. Heat to simmer.



Simmer and stir mixture until it thickens, about 3-5 minutes. Add 1/2 tsp. salt and pepper to mixture and stir.


Place steaks into cream mixture to warm steaks, remove after warmed, 1-3 minutes. Place on plate and spoon cream sauce over top of steak. Serve with crusty bread and side dish on tommorows post!


3 comments:

Kiezie said...

I love steak au poivre and haven't had it since I lived at home, about 25 years ago!! I may just have to treat myself!! Thanks for the inspiration, maybe a great valentines dinner!!

Sandy said...

i love making sauces, sarah! yummy, looks so good!

Ann Ryan said...

Thanks for a great recipe! I made it a couple days ago, the family loved it. I added mushrooms - yum!