Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Yummy buckeyes

My mom or my grandma used to make these for the holidays almost every year as I was growing up, I love them! So does anyone else I make them for....especially susan. They are relatively easy but a little time consuming. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

Buckeyes
1 c. creamy peanut butter
1/2 stick soften butter
2 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. real vanilla extract
1 bag good chocolate chips (I use ghiradelli)

Mix all ingredients together, except the chocolate chips, in small mixing bowl with spoon until combined. If too dry add 1/2 tsp milk at a time to make consistency for rolling into balls. After combined take 1/2 tsp. of mixture and roll into ball with your hands.( the center of your palm work best) Lay each ball onto cookie sheet lined with waxed paper. Put all rolled balls into freezer to set. In the meantime melt chocolate chips in deep microwave safe bowl in the microwave. Set for 30 seconds, stir and return to microwave until chocolate is almost all melted. Do not over cook or will become hard!
Take frozen peanut balls out and dip one by one in chocolate. I found the best way to dip is to use a wooden skewer and then fill hole left with a little chocolate.
Move all dipped candy to fridge and let chocolate set.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year Sarah!!
May God watch over all of you, and guide you in 2009...

Mom