Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Fudgy chocolately brownies



Can you believe that a brownie recipe would call for almost two pounds of chocolate? Well Ina Gartner's outrageous brownies does. One small problem, I only have 2 pounds of callebaut chocolate in my pantry.( for anyone who doesn't know what this chocolate is, it is 70% cocao.) It also is fairly expensive at 10 dollars a pound. However I promise my daughters girl scout troop that I would make brownies, lemon bars and cookies for a bake sale to support the girls whose homes were destroyed in the flood, so in goes the 20 dollars worth of chocolate. All in all i think those brownies cost me 30 dollars, hope people enjoy them. Oh and by the way they are the best brownies I have ever tasted, and I have tasted my fair share of brownies.


If you see girl scouts selling bake goods tommorow in cedar rapids buy the brownies you wont be dissapointed.

No comments: